The Village HealthCare Center is looking for a full time Admissions Nurse (RN or LVN) to join our team. We are a 52 bed SNF located in the Hemet Valley. This position is an 8 hour position.
The charge nurse assumes responsibility for nursing care management of residents on the unit to which assigned. The charge nurse also provides supervision of all non-licensed staff.
* Maintain current licensure, CEUs, and CPR certification.
* Knows all the residents on the unit by name and diagnosis and can describe their care needs and regime to meet those needs, updating their plan of care as needed.
* Recognizes significant changes in condition of residents and takes necessary action, communication with IDT, and documents appropriately.
* Completes shift to shift report to maintain communication between licensed staff and provide optimal resident care.
* Completes daily rounds of their assigned residents to evaluate their immediate physical condition and to address any nursing concerns in a timely manner.
* Knowledgeable of residents’ rights and ensures that staff understand them.
* Supervises rehabilitation procedures (i.e. maintaining proper body alignment and body positioning, correct transfers with proper equipment, range of motion, bowel and bladder training, decubitus and skin care.)
* Prepares and administers medications and treatments as prescribed and in accordance with Title 22 guidelines and The Village Health Care policies and procedures.
* Maintains drugs according to regulations.
* Admit, transfer, discharge residents as required.
* Complete accident/incident reports as necessary with coinciding documentation, assessment and notification.
* Handles resident/family complaints/concerns in a professional, conscientious manner and initiates any necessary corrective action and/or investigation.
* IV therapy within licensed nurses’ scope of practice.
* Obtain specimens as needed for laboratory testing.
* Ordering/Scheduling of X-rays and other diagnostics as needed.
* Taking of vital signs as needed.
* Ensure that nursing staff observes proper infection control procedures at all times.
* Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing or vocational nursing and licensed to practice in this state.
* Must maintain current CPR requirements.
* Must be able to communicate with people and cope with the emotions that surround the geriatric population.
* Must be able to assume responsibility of nursing unit and residents assigned.
* Must be able to communicate supervise non-licensed assistive personnel effectively.
* Must wear appropriate uniform and be neat and clean in appearance.
The Village is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V