We have proudly served the Van Wert County area since 1970. Throughout this time, we have maintained, nurtured and enhanced a tradition that forms the very foundation of our approach to delivering our services to our families, friends and neighbors—a tradition of caring. Van Wert Manor greatly appreciates the longevity of our staff! Their dedication and caring nature has been instrumental in making us a 4 star facility and contributes to our continued excellence in surveys and resident satisfaction.
In 2018, Van Wert Manor’s Assisted Living was ranked the #1 facility in all of Ohio. Van Wert Manor works as a team, focusing their efforts to provide the best care possible in an environment that promotes a high quality of life. We begin with our traditional care practices and high standards to continuously enhance our individualized care plans. We take pride in our Person Centered Care values, thus taking care to the next level, resulting in a Standard of Excellence. :
Position Summary: :
Performs direct patient care under the supervision of licensed nursing personnel.
* Because HCF exists to care for our residents, regular attendance and punctuality are essential to provide quality care
* Must be in good physical condition as the position requires the ability to stand on one’s feet throughout the day, as well as, push, pull, move and/or lift repetitively a minimum of 10 pounds up to greater than 50 pounds.
* Commitment to HCF mission, values, philosophy and Service Excellence Initiative
* Must be able to complete performance requirements independently while using good judgment as well as have the ability to harmoniously work with others
* Must be able to read, write and understand the English language
* Assist residents in all activities of daily living, to include, bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, transferring, personal hygiene and ambulation
* Must follow HCF Policies and Procedures
* Must meet job related competencies as outlined in the Skills Competency Manual
* Answers call lights
* Complete documentation of care given
* Refers to and follows resident care plan
* Report any abnormal findings, such as, injuries, incidents, skin issues, complaints, suspected abuse/neglect/misappropriation, and any unsafe conditions
* Attend required in-service education
* Keep resident rooms and work areas neat and clean
* Follows appropriate Infection Control and Safety Practices
* Communicates effectively with residents, staff and visitors
* All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and abilities: :
* A minimum of a grammar school education is essential.
* A high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Is already a State Tested Nurse Aide or will successfully complete and pass a State approved Nurse Aide training program and competency exam within four months of date of hire.