For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America’s heartland. We pride ourselves on being resident focused, encouraging employees to make smart, responsible decisions that are in the best interest of individual residents.
Why belong with our Americare team?:
Every employee company-wide is a valued part of the organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating a person-centered home environment for each resident - truly making a difference in the lives they touch.
Each individual facility is a vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident benefits from industry leading care, our employees are offered competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered prescription drug benefits, and a large network of doctors and hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your health.
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their health and well-being journey. We offer tools and resources such as Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.
Paid Time Off:
The flexibility of Paid Time Off (PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.
We encourage you to continue your professional development. Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved courses.
Our Housekeeper employs cleaning procedures to assure orderly attractive rooms in facility. Review schedule and communicate with co-workers as to individual assignments. Perform cleaning assignments for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness. Advises supervisor of completed assignments. May inventory stock or supplies to ensure adequate supplies. May investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action. Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies and all common areas to determine need for repairs or replacement of items and communicates to manager. Report any equipment malfunction or need of repairs to supervisor. Attend in-service training per facility requirement. Document regarding concerning work assignments, periodic reports and time card. Attend periodic staff meetings with other departments to discuss company policies, complaints and make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
* Grade school education and minimum age of 18 years of age
* Plan, organize and implement using housekeeping services work schedule.
* Responsible for cleanliness of facility including resident rooms and common areas.
* Report necessary repairs and maintenance needs to supervisor.
* Care of plants and flowers if assigned.
* Terminal cleaning of each resident unit and preparation for new admission.
* Ensure work cart and equipment are maintained in a sanitary and safe manner. Ensure legible labels are on all chemicals in accordance with OSHA standards. Utilize proper personal protective are on all chemicals in accordance with OSHA standards. Utilize proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and see that it is clean and in good repair.
* Knowledge of Hazard Communication Program and become familiar with material safety data sheets as well as assist in keeping manual updated with current chemical information.
Americare Senior Living is a drug-free workplace