$2,500.00 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process in accordance with physician’s orders to provide patient/family care and support/advocacy in the home setting.
Line of Authority::
Director of Nursing, Administrator/Director of Services; Regional Administrator; Assistant Vice President, HomeCare
* Licensed Registered Nurse in the state where HomeCare agency is located.
* Minimum one (1) year experience as a RN/professional nurse.
* Experience in home care is desirable.
* Ability to read, write, learn, absorb, and apply professional training; follow physician’s orders and keep records in prescribed manner.
* Ability to be reaching, bending, squatting and twisting numerous times daily.
* Ability to lift 70-80 pounds on occasional basis.
* Ability to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual requests from patients.
* Ability to speak in clear, concise voice in order to communicate adequately.
* Ability to carry out fine motor skills with manual dexterity.
* Mental acuity high enough to adequately perform job requirements.
* Must have reliable personal transportation and be able to drive in inclement weather and variable road conditions.
* Utilizes the nursing process to identify and achieve patient goals: assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
* Assesses the physical, psychosocial, and environmental factors that affect a patient’s health to develop a comprehensive nursing care plan which will attain the patients desired health outcomes in a culturally comfortable way.
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to assure personal care, medical care and rehabilitation provide for optimal patient health and well-being.
* Teaches patient/caregiver in various aspects of health care and disease management appropriate to needs/level of education and understanding and documents continuing needs and levels of patients/caregivers understanding.
* Provides and documents skilled nursing care according to the plan of care/physicians orders, policies/procedures and standards of care.
* Provides nursing services within the scope of practice authorized by the license issued by the state for a registered nurse.
* Employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment, including implementation of infection control and safety policies.
* Evaluates progress toward the attainment of outcomes/goals and modification of plan as needed.
* Participates in on-going care coordination and maintains positive relationships with referral sources, physicians/other clinicians, patients/families, and other partners.
* Participates with other nurses in taking weekend, night and holiday calls on a rotating basis.
* Continually strives to improve nursing care through participation in inservice activities, staff development activities and continuing learning.
* Teaches, supports, and supervises Licensed Practical Nurses and Home Health Aides.
* Serves on committees as assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the DON/Administrator/Director of Services.
Home Health experience is preferred.