Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Kitchen Aide is responsible for general and heavy duty cleaning of kitchen, cafeteria, and coffee shop equipment and facilities.
· set up and operate dish machine for daily ware washing use, including fill, empty, and replace soap in dispenser.
· set up three compartment sink to wash pots.
· clean equipment in kitchen and cafeteria including washing and sanitizing of: pots and pans, ovens, grills, fryers, kettles, steamers, steam tables, fans, walls, hoods, drains, vents, sinks, work tables, refrigerators, doors, utility carts, food trucks.
· Has knowledge of and utilizes appropriate chemicals for cleaning and utilizes chemical dispenser.
· Is proficient in re-stocking, rotating, dating and storage stock (FIFO). Organizes and maintains racks, shelves and refrigerators. Assists tray line by replenishing needed beverage items.
· Properly performs floor maintenance including sweeping, mopping and scrubbing of floors utilizing floor machine. Cleans mats following proper cleaning procedures.
· Empties garbage and transports to the compactor. Relines garbage cans. Able to bail cardboard boxes. Vacuums cafeteria rugs.
· Accurately delivers patient meals, following department and hospital policy for patient identification.
· Assists in the receiving and storing of food and supplies, making sure that all items are stored according to policy and procedure.
· Completes any additional tasks as assigned by supervisor.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Skills: Must be alert and skilled in appropriately assessing the job to be done and quickly, accurately, and in a correct sequence. Must be able to multi task. Must be flexible and able to work in stressful environment. Must be able to follow written and verbal directions with basic literacy in English.
· One year housekeeping or janitorial experience, preferred.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.