Full Time Cook Position:
80 hours bi-weekly :
Day Shift Position:
In a full service restaurant kitchen performs line, made to order, and batch cooking for guests. Applies basic skills, learns and applies developed culinary skills and processes to meet the requirements of the position. Has considerable working knowledge of food preparation. Requires knowledge of the use and care of all kitchen equipment. Focuses on quality food palatability and presentation, customer satisfaction.
Major Responsibilities, Duties, Functions, and Tasks of the Position:
* Prepares and cooks food according to HACCP procedures
* Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food stuffs which are nutritional and appetizing according to the recipes and production records. Follows records for prep/pull sheets.
* Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, check production sheets and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements.
* Follows standards of recordkeeping of all food and refrigeration temps, taste testing and appearance.
* Plates orders with attention to presentation, portion size, and accuracy
* Performs opening and/or closing kitchen/shift duties.
* Supervises team members in absence of GM/ Supervisor; communicates any changes/concerns to GM/Supervisor
* May assist with proper rotation of stored and delivered food items
* Immediately report resident related care concerns about treatment or abuse to the Department Supervisor as well as the Executive Director of the facility
* Interact with Team Members, Residents, and Guests in a courteous and professional manner
* Be accountable for all information in the Team Member Handbook
* Maintain confidentiality of resident, Team Member, family and facility information
* Understand and upholds Resident Rights
* Follow oral and written instructions for all duties assigned and performed in an effective, timely and professional manner
* Complete assigned tasks in accordance with organization, facility, and department procedures
* Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Use supplies in an efficient and cost effective manner
* Ensure equipment is treated with proper care and is used only for the purposes and in accordance for which it was designed to be used for
* Follow facility reporting guidelines for any equipment that is not functioning properly or is need of repair
* Use Infection control practices, including Standard Precautions, to prevent the spread of diseases
* Maintain cleanliness of work area
* Perform preventative and corrective maintenance tasks, as directed
* Complete all documentation per facility protocol and Standards of Practice
* Follow all IT protocols, including submission of Sysaids, for all technology related issues
StoneRidge Retirement Living:
440 East Lincoln Avenue
Myerstown, PA 17067