GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION::
Maintains efficient performance in food delivery in the Dining Services department and ensures adequate follow through of job duties as outlined by supervisor. Complies with federal, state and local standards for facility operation. Follows policies and procedures, assures good public relations and employee moral. Communicates with facility personnel in a positive, motivational and appropriate manner. Ensures supportive environment for residents and staff.
REPORTS TO: Dining Services Director :
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
* Performs duties related to safe food preparation and appropriate use and maintenance of equipment, chemicals, etc.
* Knows and adheres to policies and procedures.
* Responsible for performance of job tasks as outlined by management. Accepts constructive criticism and redirection and addresses need for improvement in a timely manner.
* Communicates with co-workers in a positive and supportive manner.
* Ensures compliance of Assisted Living Facility with federal, state and local standards.
* Ensures that residents, who are on special diets, receive their dietary option as ordered or directed by themselves, their physician or family member. Is compliant with facility safety program including Fire and Disaster training. Keeps current on all resident diets and special requests.
* Meets with supervisor on a regular basis. Attend all mandatory staff meetings.
* Discuss any departmental concerns, problems and possible solutions in a constructive manner to the Dining Services Director.
* Prepares and maintains adequate supply of juices, condiments and snacks in 24 hour snack bar.
* Keeps dining room clean by wiping down tables, resetting, vacuuming, and cleaning surfaces to keep free from food debris. Ensures clean, safe and esthetic environment in the dining room and kitchen. This includes and is not limited to wiping down table pedestals, chairs and food service carts.
* Receives suggestions from department heads, staff, residents, family members and the public on matters pertaining to department operations and external relationships.
* Ensure all food utensils are clean and in appropriate condition as needed to ensure resident safety.
* Ensures legible communication between co-workers and other staff in department and facility communications books.
* Serves all food as outlined by menu and ensures appropriate and appetizing presentation of food items.
* Responsible to address food complaints immediately if possible and offer alternatives as necessary.
* Willing to promote safe work environment for self and all other staff.
* If food server is a minor, employee will refrain from the operation of heavy equipment such as, meat ¬slicer, large mixers and other potentially dangerous equipment as outlined by the State guidelines for minors.
* Assists personnel and residents in establishing a home-like atmosphere.
* Incorporates choice, dignity, independence, individuality and privacy into job performance on a daily basis. Encourages staff to uphold the same principles.
* Maintains good personal appearance and adheres to dress code as outlined in the employee manual.
* Accepts critical criticism or redirection in a positive manner and shows willingness to redirect behavior, performance or attitude as instructed by supervisor or manager.
* To facilitate and promote the policies and procedures needed to provide quality services to the residents. To keep all personnel, resident and related matters confidential.
* All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE::
* Knowledge of Federal and State regulations on safe food handling and sanitation techniques.
* Must possess the ability to interpret written and oral communication as well the ability to follow recipes.
* Ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in the English language.
* Must keep abreast of changes in the Assisted Living Facility industry.
CERTIFICATION AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS::
* First Aid and CPR Certification
* Serve Safe Certification.
* Criminal record clearance or criminal record exemption, as required by law
* Health evaluation to ensure ability to perform duties of the position and the absence of any communicable disease, including tuberculosis and CXR clearance.