Housekeeper is responsible for the housekeeping duties of the building and apartments.
* Cleans, straightens and picks up trash in commons areas, offices and public rest rooms, to include sinks, toilets, plumbing fixtures, mirrors, furniture and replenishes soap and paper products.
* Cleans, straightens and picks up trash in apartments and apartment rest rooms to including sinks, showers, toilets, plumbing fixtures, mirrors and surfaces, replenishing soap and paper products.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, respecting individual confidentiality, dignity and rights.
* Vacuums carpets, sweeps and mops floors on a routine basis.
* Ensures that apartments are maintained in a safe, comfortable, and attractive manner, keeping residents' personal items safe.
* Cleans spills, soiled areas, and other conditions as observed or directed.
* Uses cleaners and other hazardous materials according to product instructions and department procedure.
* Follows facility fire safety and infection control practices and promptly report any unsafe conditions or equipment to executive director or maintenance director.
* Coordinates housekeeping services with other departments.
* Ensures that equipment and supply carts are properly maintained and properly stored and that storage areas are kept clean and safe.
* Cleans exterior windows, patios, or other outside areas as assigned.
* Assists others with lifting, as required.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Experience working with seniors helpful.
* Ability to understand verbal directions and read written instructions.
* Able to communicate with residents on a daily basis.
* Ability to add and subtract simple numbers
* Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
KEYWORDS: Housekeeper, housekeeping, maintenance, senior living, assisted living, skilled nursing, hospital
At Prestige Senior Living Orchard Heights in Salem, Oregon, residents enjoy the camaraderie of community-based living, coupled with the comfort of being steps away from activities and services designed to make life easy and exciting.:
Our innovative wellness program, Celebrations, is designed to nurture mind, body and spirit, and give you the choices and freedom to celebrate life. As your partner in active aging, it is our goal to help you achieve an optimum level of health and wellness throughout all aspects of your life.:
At Orchard Heights, we also offer the award-winning Expressions Memory Care Program, which uses innovative techniques and approaches to turn daily activities into memorable and meaningful events. Our program provides people living with dementia and other forms of cognitive impairment an outlet for creativity through arts, learning, and spirituality, embracing the philosophy that “Life is an Activity”.:
Questions? Contact OrchardHeightsED@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professionals goal. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below::