Located in the coalfields of Appalachia, Riverview HealthCARE Center is a 121-bed skilled nursing facility in the city of Prestonsburg, Kentucky. With picturesque mountains and a beautiful downtown area that is minutes away, the facility provides a homelike environment and an elder-dedicated staff. Riverview offers a comprehensive approach to health care, from short-term respite care to rehabilitative services to long-term skilled nursing services. The staff at Riverview works hard to create a warm family feeling so that elders are comfortable during their stay. At Riverview Health Care Center, the main goal is to help elders achieve wellness and improved quality of life.
Are you looking for a little more creativity, challenge, and growth opportunity in your workday? Didn’t think it was possible? Might be time to reconsider.
At Signature HealthCARE, our team members are permitted – no, encouraged – to employ their talents and abilities to solve problems. Our culture is built on three distinct pillars: Learning, Spirituality and Intra-preneurship. But this isn’t just hollow corporate sloganeering. Each pillar has its own staff and initiatives, ensuring that our unique culture permeates the entire organization.
Oh, by the way, we’re an elder care company. Our mission? To radically change the landscape of long-term care forever.
We’re currently hiring for the position of Certified Medication Aide.
Essential Duties Responsibilities::
* Accurately and safely prepare, administer, and document the oral and/or topical medications that are commonly used in this facility and that may be ordered for resident use.
* Ensure that no medication is administered without a written, signed and dated order from an attending licensed physician.
* Verify the identity of the resident before administering the medication/treatment.
* Verify that prescribed medication for one resident is not administered to another.
* Observe and verify that medication is ingested or applied, as directed.
* Document any instance where prescribed medication is not administered, including reason(s) for refusal.
* Assist with medication charting as directed by the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse, as directed.
* Current Medication Aide Certification or Current Nursing Assistant Certification from state.
* Must have a current/active CPR certification.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Will mainly work as a CNA, but may need to fill in for CMA.