If you would like to work in a positive environment and use your talents and experience to make a difference in the lives of seniors, we'd like to hear from you! Working with us, you will be part of a dynamic and talented team dedicated to the highest standards of excellence and quality of care. You’ll also be supported by an industry leading organization that is committed to quality services and treating people with dignity and respect.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS::
* A passion for helping seniors
* A desire to contribute to a positive atmosphere in the community for residents, family friends, and all team members.
Supervise the community’s Memory Impaired Program while meeting or exceeding the community’s service standards and program goals and philosophy. Ensure compliance with all state, federal and local regulations and set the standard of excellence of the unit and the community, demonstrating respect and compassion of the residents, their families, staff, and visitors. Together with the Director of Clinical Care, will be involved in all aspects of the community in coordinating the assessments of new residents, marketing and family relations, the orientation and education of the resident care staff, coordinating all activities of memory impairment, care planning, quality improvement, and infection control. Leads the Care team by treating the staff and residents with a high level of respect and dignity.
* Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia and ability to manage and coordinate multiple and diverse tasks and services.
* Education: College degree preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in nursing or equivalent experience in community and geriatric nursing.
* CPR certification.
* Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
* Valid driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS::
The responsibilities related to the Memory Impairment Unit shall include but are not limited to federal, state, and the following:
* Managing the work in conjunction with the Director of resident Services.
* Achieves family and RCA’s satisfaction.
* Ensure that the philosophy, goals and community’s mission relating to the daily routine of the Memory Impaired Program are followed.
* Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are met.
* Ensure delivery of resident services to Memory Impaired residents while meeting or exceeding service standards.
* Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
* Responsible for Memory Impaired resident care planning: ensure proper utilization of resident care plans by all appropriate staff, monitor for effective communication within and between work shifts; maintain and protect the confidentiality of resident information.
* Provide case management to all residents in the Memory Impaired Program.
* Conducts ongoing physical and cognitive wellness assessments of all residents within the community for ongoing placement with the assistance of the Clinical Care Director.
* Ensure proper documentation of all Memory Impaired services.
* Establish effective relationships with community RCA’s coordinate interdisciplinary team activities to ensure quality care service.
* Develop effective staffing and scheduling patterns to maintain continuity of resident care on all shifts under the Clinical Care Director.
* Work with Sales and Marketing to review all prospective move-ins to the Memory Impaired Program.
* Coordinates move-in committee meetings and resident’s level of care.
* Conducts or coordinates family services.
* Works with families when a transfer/move-out from the Memory Impaired Program is necessary to ensure a smooth transition.
* Develops relationships with the local Alzheimer’s Association and other professional organizations.
* Responsible for implementing community’s infection control procedures, ensure compliance by staff to universal precautions and all other infection control guidelines in conjunction with the Clinical Care Director.
* Ensure all personnel perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner and can demonstrate knowledge of emergency policies and procedures.
* Attend in-services as required.
* Keep informed of new developments, trends, concepts and research findings in Alzheimer’s care.
* Monitor approved research.
* Conduct and coordinate family education and caregiver seminars.