· Perform services related to preparing and serving food for patients, cafeteria, and special functions using recipes and established standards of food safety, sanitation, infection control, and guest relations.
The Ideal Candidate
· Supports co-workers by maintaining attendance requirements.
· Demonstrates willingness to adapt to changing individual and institutional roles, needs, and environment.
· Is dedicated to superior customer service and satisfaction.
· Consistently provides quality products/services.
· Maintains awareness and follows safety policies and procedures applicable to assigned duties.
· Preparing quantities of food per production amounts according to scaled recipes.
· Keeping accurate records of food temps, holding temp, cooling temps, and reheating temps where applicable for patients, retail staff, and catering staff.
· Operation of food prep equipment.
· Maintaining standard levels of sanitation and general organization throughout shift.
· General maintenance and cleanliness of equipment and food storage areas.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Associate's Degree preferred.
· 2 years cooking experience in high volume kitchens required.
· Cooking from scratch experience preferred.
· Knowledge in modified diets is preferred.
· Firm knowledge of cooking techniques, cooking temperatures, and storage procedures.
· Ability to follow oral/written instruction and communicate effectively (speaking and reading) in English