An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To assist the facility by providing practical and emotional support to residents under the direction of Charge Nurse.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION::
* Visit with residents on a regular basis.
* May Perform additional tasks upon satisfactory completion of competency based training.
* Performs basic resident care such as transporting resident from one area of the facility to another.
* Understands and adheres to the guidelines of “Residents Rights”.
* Assists resident with preparing food as needed (i.e. cutting food, buttering bread) and collects food trays.
* Make unoccupied beds and transport soiled linen containers.
* Clean tables and stands.
* Label and store personal items (clothing, bedpans, basins, toothbrush, combs, etc.)
* Store or hang clean laundry items in residents rooms
* Stock linen carts
* Assist in facilitating a designated activity
* Assists residents in preparation for and transporting to appointments, activities and social programs.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS::
Must possess a friendly personality, ability to listen as well as talk. Has a desire to care for people. Is capable of following oral and written instructions and can write simple records and reports under supervision. Pleasant courteous manner required.