The incumbent fulfills the primary responsibilities involved coordinating the multidisciplinary approach in the evaluation, treatment and facilitation of the outpatient oncology care process, and the follow-up care of those individuals who are being evaluated or have been diagnosed with cancer. The role is one of collaboration and coordination and is both collegial and consultative to nursing leadership, infusion and inpatient nurses and other members of the health care team.
- Requires a current Nursing license from the state.
- Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Requires an Associates of Nursing (ASN); Bachelor?s of Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- New ASN RNs hired after January 1, 2013 will be required to complete their BSN within five (5) years from date of hire into this job.
- Requires experience that provides evidence of clinical competency and leadership skills.
- Requires clinical practice experience related to the program.
- Requires strong organizational; writing; interpersonal; and verbal communications skills.
- Requires critical thinking skills.
- Requires ability to work independently.
- Requires ability to track and perform multiple tasks.
- Requires ability to manage projects.