* Assure resident care and medication supervision/administration is carried out by Medication Supervisors in accordance with company policies and procedure and within State regulations.
* Assist with medication and treatments as prescribed by physician. Monitors response to existing treatment plans, aware of prominent medication interactions and side effects; monitors residents for occurrence of such. Adheres to community’s infection control policies and procedures relevant to medication administration.
* In conjunction with the Memory Care Coordinator (if applicable), provides general oversight of Memory Care resident care and safety. Makes routine rounds in the Memory Care observing, assisting and directing care as needed.
* Communicate and correspond promptly and compassionately to family and/or responsible party and resident concerns while upholding best interest of resident and complying with company policy and State licensing requirements.
* Consult with and monitor services of pharmacy consultant, in conjunction with Executive Director.
* Monitor resident care and medication assisting with team member performance and conduct retraining when needed, in conjunction with the Executive Director.
* Coordinate and communicate resident care with third party providers including but not limited to home health, hospice, physicians, and pharmacies.
* Implement, update, and maintain care plans and resident incident reports and assessments as required by State regulations for entry into computer by Executive Director.
* Conduct monthly self medication review for residents who keep medications in their suites.
* Assist with interviewing; train and/or coordinate training; and assist with monitoring performance of team members.
* Assist with conduction performance counselling, both verbal and written, in conjunction with the Executive Director.
* Create work schedule for team members in the care department.
* Rotate on call responsibilities with Executive Director.
* Be available on-call 24 hours for emergencies.
* Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
Additional Responsibilities: :
* Attend all required meetings and in-services.
* Be observant and aware of any situations or occurrence in the community that may pose a safety hazard to residents or staff. Report such observation immediately to the Executive Director.
* If certified and/or trained per state guidelines, provide residents with services in accordance to physician orders in assisting with administration of medications and treatments.
* Must remain on duty and provide essential functions for residents until shift replacement arrives.
* May act as supervisor during the night shift.
* Adhere to company policy for time and attendance.
Desired Skills and Experience: :
* Licensed Nurse
* Proficient in written and verbal English.
* Demonstration of ability to establish long-term relationships.
* Interest in working with the older adult population.
* Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all prospects, residents, visitors, employees and the overall community.
* Must have ability to work rotating shifts as needed.
* Required to have two (2) to five (5) years of prior assisted living or senior care experience.
* Management experience required.
The individual must be at least 18 years of age and have graduated high school or have a general equivalency diploma. Also, the physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The individual is required to complete and pass a medication administration competency test initially, and annually thereafter.:
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, speaking the primary language of the residents.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to use the Internet.