Nexion affiliates operate 39 skilled nursing and rehabilitation as well as assisted living facilities in Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Each of our affiliate skilled nursing and assisted living campuses offers a home-like setting influenced by their own unique regional cultures. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our positive clinical outcomes, resident and family member testimonials, satisfaction reports and AHCA Quality Awards.
Standard Work Hours – M-F 8a-5p (may vary as determined by facility needs)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities::
* Promote the philosophy, mission and objectives of Nexion Health within the company, and to customers outside the facility.
* Establish financial and programmatic goals for the facility and conduct an annual evaluation of goal achievement.
* Provide input into the annual operating budget.
* Monitor monthly performance of facility in relation to the budget and intervene, as needed.
* Recruit, hire and provide orientation/training for a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out facility programs and services.
* Interpret and assure implementation of governing board policies and procedures.
* Schedule regular meetings with direct report staff to provide supervision, assure communication and to monitor facility operations.
* Conduct and document annual performance evaluations on each direct report staff.
* Maintain and guide the implementation of facility policies and procedures in compliance with corporate, state, federal and other regulatory guidelines.
* Prepare and submit reports on facility’s quality improvement process.
* Ensures that the quality and appropriateness of patient care meets or exceeds company and industry standards and ensures that all services are in compliance with state and federal legal, regulatory, accreditation and reimbursement guidelines.
* Supports program development activities with the marketing staff for the purpose of introducing new and relevant services for the persons served and the community.
* Ensure a safe, clean and comfortable environment for patients, visitors and staff. Maintain a file for and monitor incident reports.
* Report incident reports to proper company and agency authorities in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
* Attend and/or conduct facility meetings, as required to carry out responsibilities.
* Promotes optimal communication among staff members, facility staff, referral sources, physicians and patients.
* Appropriately accesses the resources of the company’s regional and corporate offices for consultation and program development support. Seeks out external resources through conferences, workshops, etc., as necessary. Routinely shares personal knowledge with staff, other managers and facility personnel.
* Attend corporate management meetings, as required.
* Assure adequate preparation for, and participate in regulatory compliance surveys.
* Maintain effective relationships and open communication with patients, families, staff, contractors, and the outside community.
* Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to responsibilities.
* Participates in quality improvement activities, which reduce cost and increase efficiency through improved systems and processes.
* All other duties, as assigned.
* Must be a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator
* 3+ years of administrator experience
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
* Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
* Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions, (word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.).
* Excellent ability to supervise, instruct and motivate others.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communications skills.
* Demonstrated ability in independent functioning and strong leadership.
Compensation and Benefits Package:
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to include voluntary Medical, Dental, Vision, ADD Benefits, LT/ST Disability, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account and 401K