The Resident Care Coordinator is an experienced Health Care Provider who ensures a current care plan and MDS for all residents and that all documents pertaining to plan of care are consistent in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations, facility policies and as may be directed by the Administrator.
* Current, unencumbered license to practice as a RN, or LPN in this state.
* Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within 90 days of employment.
* Working knowledge of OBRA, IDPH and IDPA (for homes in Illinois) and Wisconsin DQA (for homes in Wisconsin) standards and methods of documenting according to those standards.
* Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with personnel.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function
* Review the department’s policy and procedures, job description, etc., at least annually for revisions and make recommendations to the Administrator.
* Follow established departmental policies and procedures.
* Oversees the scheduling, completion and accuracy of all MDS item sets.
* Coordinate the development of a written plan of care for each resident that identifies the problems/needs/concerns for the resident. Check for adequate description of problems, resident centered goals, which are realistic and measurable and multi-disciplinary approaches to goals.
* Chairs resident care plan conference and relays all concerns from resident and/or family/responsible party to the Administrator.
* Oversee that residents/ families/responsible parties are contacted in relation to participation in care plan conferences per RAI guidelines.
* Plan, conduct, and participate in In-service Education Program as it pertains to the RAI process.
Perform other related duties as assigned.