Must be 18 years old
The Dining Aide provides assistance in all dining functions to ensure residents’ dining needs are met in accordance with community policies, physician orders, resident care plans and appropriate regulations. This position also maintains excellent customer service and quality nutritional services on a daily basis.
* Assists in the delivery of meals to the residents in the dining room and/or in their apartments.
* Take residents’ orders at the table and ensures that their requests are fulfilled and they are satisfied.
* Must be able to properly set up meal trays, food carts, dining room table, etc. pre-bus and clear tables.
* Assist in taking attendance in the dining room and report any residents who are not present to a supervisor.
* Must welcome new residents and comply with diet order, food likes, dislikes and allergies.
* Must assist in training as assigned of selected dining personnel, must demonstrate a positive, helpful and enthusiastic attitude.
* Must maintain kitchen in accordance with all state and local health department regulations and ensure the dining department is inspection ready at all times.
* Must be able to assist in daily cleaning duties. (i.e., sweeping, dishwashing, mopping).
* Must be observant in the dining room to resident’s nutritional intake and report any unusual behaviors to the Dining Director and/or Cook.
* Must complete all aspects and document requirements of the community Quality Assurance program, including department records (Dish machine, three bay sink sanitizers ppm, water temperatures)
* Must review and follow diet roster and food allergies during meal service.
* Must attend community in-services as required.
* Must demonstrate proper hand washing procedures.
* Must address residents in a respectful manner, addresses family/resident issues immediately by reporting them to the Dining Director.
* Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
* Comply with the Residents’ Rights and Community Policies and Procedures.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
* Must ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding resident’s rights and confidentiality, HIPPA.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
* Prefer High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
* Must practice dependable, regular attendance.
* Must be available to work weekends, extended shift hours, holidays and on short notices.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Tasks assigned to this position may involve potential and/or direct exposure to blood, body fluids, Infectious diseases, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals.
Certificates and Licenses:
* Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.