PRN to Full-Time Employment
This position is currently open for our brand new facility located in O'Katie, South Carolina. :
We are accepting applications for PRN Physical Therapist until we officially open and caseload increases at which point this position will then transfer to a Full-Time position. :
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is creative, organized, friendly, outgoing and excels at multitasking. Candidates must be dedicated to learning the details of the building, company functions and all policies and procedures. PTs must be able to work with a variety of personalities and should feel comfortable talking to residents, family members and facility staff. Candidates should excel at time management and be able to maintain a daily schedule as needed. PTs should be flexible and able to easily adapt to change or unexpected schedule changes throughout the day.
This position will report to the Director of Rehabilitation and by applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. The ideal candidate should be flexible enough to accommodate potential treatment needs of the building. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being of our residents.
Essential Job Functions::
As a Licensed Physical Therapist in a Grace Management Services facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions as demonstrated by the ability to:
* Provides physical therapy services to residents and initiates referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Physical Therapy Department Procedures.
* Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment.
* Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation and conducts specialized evaluations as indicated.
* Develops treatment plans by identifying a target list, including short and long-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
* Coordinates and implements treatment plan with resident, family and other team members.
* Monitors resident’s response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders.
* Documents results of resident’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services.
* Adheres to department and resident schedule and modifies as appropriate for treatment regimen.
* Provides, recommends and fabricates adaptive devices or other equipment. Trains resident, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of such equipment.
* Participates in discharge planning.
* Supervises and directs Licensed Physical Therapy Assistants (LPTA) in the implementation of the treatment plan.
* Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and individual physical therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
* Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy programs.
* Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance Program as required.
* Maintains a current knowledge of the law and regulations regarding rehabilitative services and consults with supervisor to ensure that all employment actions are in compliance with applicable regulations.
* Attends and participates in scheduled training, educational classes and meetings required or requested for position.
* Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
* Adheres to high standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and dress code.
* Adheres to all policies of company, including job description, certification requirements, mission statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards and resident’s rights.
* Adapts to changes in responsibility in a positive manner, is receptive to new ways of completing tasks and in flexible in carrying out assignments.
Job Qualifications :
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy from and accredited program. Successful completion of National Certification Examination for Registered Physical Therapist. Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development. Current state licensure or license eligible.
* All candidates must be proficient in basic computer programs and must be able to correspond timely through e-mail or other forms of technical communication as needed to successfully complete the requirements for this job. Employees are required to complete monthly on-line education courses to keep our team members knowledgeable on the latest information and regulations. By completing the application for this position, you acknowledge that you feel comfortable meeting these qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may be required to:
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
* Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
* Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to read and write the English language.
* Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions
To view the entire job description, please click here.