Full-Time Employment Status:
About Sprenger Health Care Systems:
Since 1959 Sprenger Health Care Systems continues to be family owned and operated. Sprenger offers the full continuum of aging services including: Short Term Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Hospice, and Home Health.
Our innovative care, excellent customer service, and compassionate dedicated employees have made Sprenger Health Care Systems a leader in providing exceptional health care. Sprenger Communities have a history of excellent Resident and Family Satisfaction Surveys, 5 Star Ratings, Deficiency Free Surveys, and US News and World Report Rankings.
Sprenger Health Care Systems is committed to maintaining a fair and unbiased work environment and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply to any of our 13 Communities throughout Ohio and Indiana. We understand that quality of care starts right here with our employees. For those team members who rise to the challenge and exceed the standard of care, the career possibilities can be endless. Join us today to experience the Sprenger difference!
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is organized, friendly, outgoing and must excel at multitasking. Candidates must be dedicated to learning the details of the building, company functions and all policies and procedures. COTAs must be able to work with a variety of personalities and should feel comfortable talking to residents, family members and facility staff. Candidates should excel at time management and be able to maintain a daily schedule as needed. COTAs should be flexible and able to easily adapt to change or unexpected schedule changes throughout the day.
This position will report to the Director of Rehabilitation and by applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. The ideal candidate should be flexible enough to accommodate potential treatment needs of the building. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being of our residents.
Essential Job Functions:
As a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in a Grace Management Services facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions as demonstrated by the ability to:
* Provide occupational therapy services to residents under the direct supervision of the Occupational therapist.
* Conduct screenings of residents at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment.
* Identify indications for evaluations at appropriate intervals and assists in the evaluation under the direction of the Occupational Therapist.
* Assist the Occupational therapist in identifying a target list, including short-term goals, long-term goals and treatment plan.
* Conduct both individual and group treatment as assigned by the Occupational Therapist and outlined in treatment plan that includes, but is not limited to, areas of ADL, functional mobility, ROM, strength, coordination, cognitive/perceptual remediation and functional maintenance.
* Assist in the selection of occupational therapy techniques/media and in the sequence of activities, adapts techniques/media as indicated by the resident’s performance and following consultation with the Occupational Therapist. No major modification to the treatment plan is made without prior consultation with the Occupational Therapist.
* Provide, recommends and fabricates adaptive devices or other equipment. Trains resident, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of such equipment.
* Adhere to Occupational Therapy Department procedures regarding documentation of occupational therapy services.
* Provide treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures and productivity standards.
* Consistently demonstrate sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy programs.
* Assist with and participates in Quality Assurance Program as required.
* Maintain a current knowledge of the law and regulations regarding rehabilitative services and consults with supervisor to ensure that all employment actions are in compliance with applicable regulations.
* Attend and participate in scheduled training, educational classes and meetings required or requested for position.
* Ensure a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
* Communicate and interact professionally and effectively with residents and coworkers throughout the community ensuring a cooperative environment while maintaining self-control.
* Communicate and interact professionally and effectively with family members in attending to and meeting their requests.
* Associate’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program. Successful completion of the National Certification for OTA. Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development. Current state licensure or license eligible.
* All candidates must be proficient in basic computer programs and must be able to correspond timely through e-mail or other forms of technical communication as needed to successfully complete the requirements for this job. Employees are required to complete monthly on-line education courses to keep our team members knowledgeable on the latest information and regulations. By completing the application for this position, you acknowledge that you feel comfortable meeting these qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may be required to:
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
* Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
* Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to read and write the English language.
* Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
To view the entire job description, please click here.