Shalom Park, an Eden Registered community located in Aurora, CO was established in 1992 to care for the elders in our community. We are looking for talented, innovative and friendly people to join our team. Eden Associates are welcomed!
We are motivated by our desire to “Honor our Fathers and Mothers.” We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our residents, and the community we serve. We challenge the status quo and ask how we can improve what we do. We hire kind and adaptable people with the heart and desire to help our residents and one another.
Depending on your employment status or classification, you may be entitled to receive the following:
•Onsite Wellness Center with gym and warm-water pool
•Employee Discounts in Bistro and Wellness Center
•Education Reimbursement Program
•Access to a full range of benefits
•Paid time off
•An opportunity to do the best work of your life
Assist residents and their families with personal and environmental difficulties which predispose illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works in close collaboration with other health care personnel in the evaluation and treatment of residents, promoting the understanding of significant social and emotional factors underlying the residents’ health issues and needs.
* Facilitates care conferences to help the resident and fail to understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations, participate in care planning, as well as understand the resident’s current health status.
* Utilizes and provides referrals to community resources to assist the resident to resume life in the community or to maintain the maximum quality of life within the limits of their illness, including but not limited to referrals for financial assistance, mental health and ancillary services.
* Develops preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the social service needs of each resident.
* Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of written care plans and behavior management plans for residents, identifying problems/needs and subsequent goals to meet each problem/need.
* Prepares social histories, discharge plans, and quarterly assessments.
* Assists in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of social service programs within the facility in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
* Serves on and participates in various interdisciplinary committees of the facility as required.
* Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a Bachelors degree (B.A.) in Social Work or a related field from an accredited school. Masters degree in Social Work is preferred. Two years related experience and/or training in a hospital, skilled nursing facility or other related social service field preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.