If you would like to work in a positive environment and use your talents and experience to make a difference in the lives of seniors, we'd like to hear from you! Working with us, you will be part of a dynamic and talented team dedicated to the highest standards of excellence and quality of care. You’ll also be supported by an industry leading organization that is committed to quality services and treating people with dignity and respect.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS::
* A passion for helping seniors
* A desire to contribute to a positive atmosphere in the community for residents, family friends, and all team members.
Perform basic nursing care under the direction of a licensed nurse while meeting, or exceeding service standards. Assist residents with personal, nutritional and restorative care. Treats each resident with respect and dignity
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS: :
* Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Requires ability to provide basic nursing care to the elderly and to effectively communicate with residents, families, supervisor, and Health Center employees. The ability to lift, move and transfer residents while providing nursing care may be necessary.
* Education: A high school diploma or GED required.
* Experience: No experience necessary.
* Certificates/ Licenses: Current State CNA certification preferred. CPR required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS::
The responsibilities of the Certified Nursing Assistant include but are not limited to the following:
* Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
* Acts as a representative of the residence to the community.
* Assist licensed personnel by providing basic nursing care to an assigned group of residents; follow resident care plans for delivery of resident care and service.
* Provide and document personal care for residents, including bathing, showering, shampooing, oral hygiene, skin care, nail care, dressing and shaving.
* Provide proper restorative care such as range-of-motion exercise, proper positioning and ambliation.
* Assist residents with nutritional needs including serving, feeding and providing proper fluid requirements.
* Encourage resident independence and optimal level of functioning.
* Respond to all resident requests (verbally or call-light) for assistance.
* Practice positive resident relations; respond to resident and family inquiries, concerns or problems.
* Receive and give reports on residents’ condition at beginning and end of each shift.
* Exchange resident information with charge nurses on an ongoing basis.
* Observe any change in resident condition and report to the charge nurse immediately.
* Communicate/cooperate with other members of the multi-disciplinary health care team to accomplish plan of care.
* Maintain and protect the confidentiality of resident information.
* Demonstrate knowledge of aseptic technique in all resident care to prevent spread of disease and infection.
* Adhere to universal precautions and all other infection control guidelines.
* Demonstrate knowledge of emergency policy and procedure and use of fire extinguisher.
* Identify potential hazards and maintain a safe environment for residents and staff.