New London Specialty Care is now hiring a part-time housekeeping aide to join our team.
Great pay and perks including:
* Employee referral bonus program
* Vacation awarded at six months
* Vacation payout program
* Cell phone services discount (Verizon)
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Under the direction and supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor, the Housekeeping Aide performs scheduled housekeeping tasks according to regulations, policy and procedure with the purpose of maintaining the facility and furnishings in clean serviceable condition. Functions within strictly defined practices and procedures, with little latitude for variation or change.
* Perform general cleaning tasks such as sweeping, dusting, washing windows, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning upholstery, cleaning light fixtures, cleaning bathroom fixtures.
* Perform floor care such as dust-mop, wet-mop, spot-mop, and strip/seal/wax/buff.
* Empty trash containers, replace liners as appropriate and dispose of trash in proper receptacle.
* Dispense soap, paper towels, tissue and other supplies to resident rooms and general use areas.
* Follow material safety data sheets (MSDS).
* Use chemicals and supplies according to instructions and with proper protective equipment; report any problems immediately.
* Operate housekeeping equipment safely, according to instructions and with proper precautions.
* Perform cleaning procedures in accordance with facility policy.
* Observe waste disposal procedures in accordance with facility policy; follow directions.
* Assist in proper care of housekeeping equipment.
* Identify and report any equipment malfunction to supervisor or maintenance department as appropriate.
* Report any observed area in poor repair to supervisor.
* Use housekeeping supplies efficiently.
* Perform related duties or projects as assigned by supervisor.
* Functional literacy in spoken and written English.
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
* Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
Delegation of Authority:
* Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
* Implement housekeeping procedures to meet residents’ needs in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
* Participate in the monitoring system for the housekeeping department.
* Notify supervisor when supplies are needed.
* Notify supervisor when equipment in need of repair.
* Notify supervisor when areas of the facility are in need of repair.
EOE / AAP Veterans and Disabled