Colusa Medical Center, provides both inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency services, to the surrounding community bringing exceptional healthcare and service to our community.
The staff RN is a professional care giver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the therapeutic environment, treatment and modalities and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Graduation from school of nursing. Current state licensure. Current BLS. Physical/emotional stamina. Communication/writing skills. Recent experience in a clinical. Effective interpersonal skills. Meets specific departmental criteria and/or certifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Position-Specific Performance Measures:
* Provide safe transportation of patients to and from the patient care units.
* Assume responsibility for managerial self-development.
* Use agreed upon managerial and personal goals and objectives as basis of annual self-development actions.
* Discuss personal education goals with Unit Manager on a regular basis.
* Attend relevant seminars and in-service programs; completes appropriate continuing education programs; documents appropriately.
* Attend all required education/in-service meetings.
* Perform duties in an independent manner with minimum supervision.
* Leadership Standards
* Employee can articulate current practice and policies.
* Establish and maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
* Demonstrate continuing effort to maintain positive relationships with physicians, peers, Administration, and the public.
* Work to improve employee morale and communication.
* Demonstrate ability to coordinate activities with other departments to promote effective workflow.
* Fiscal Management Responsibilities
* Documentation reflects that staff understands budget information and the implementation method.
* Demonstrate a cost conscious attitude.
* Plan and monitor the utilization of supplies and equipment.
* Evaluate equipment and supply usage.
* Identify equipment that needs repair and makes appropriate notification.
* Cooperate with periodic Hospital inventory audits by submitting department equipment/supplies report within required time frame.
* Unit-Specific Standards
* To be determined by Unit Manager
Conduct hospital business in an ethical and lawful manner and is willing to report any knowledge of real or potential fraud or abuse according to the CMC Code of Conduct.