Glenn Medical Center, a Critical Access Hospital located in Willows CA, in partnership with our physicians, will consistently strive to provide accessible, high quality care within the local community. Our focus is on improving the health and well-being of all individuals by offering inpatient, outpatient and rural health clinic services to the Glenn County community.
Under the direct supervision of a qualified Registered Physical Therapist (RPT), the Physical Therapist Assistant provides physical therapy services to patients by performing treatments as outlined in the Plan of Care (writing by a RPT) and completing the related documentation and communication. Physical Therapist Assistant provides services in accordance with current Title 22, applicable federal, state, and local standards, regulations, and guidelines to ensure the highest degree of quality care is rendered at all times. Effective supervisory skills are needed, along with good communication skills for departmental and interdepartmental relationships. The individual in this position must have initiative, be innovative, possess a sense of responsibility, integrity and sound judgment; follow standards of proper conduct, and abide by facility policies and standards of care. This position does provide direct patient care to adult and geriatric patients, including comprehensive assessment, individual and group treatment, and supervision of Physical Therapy support (Rehab Aides) staff. The Physical Therapy Assistant contributes to program development, quality improvement, program assessment, and departmental policy and procedure development.
Graduate of an accredited physical therapy assistant program with either an Associate’s degree in science or applied science that is approved by American Physical Therapy Association, Inc. Current certification or license as required by state law. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides direct physical therapy according to directions of physical therapist and in accordance with the plan of care.
* Treats patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance.
* Directs and aids patients in active and passive therapeutic exercises, muscle reeducation, gait and functional training, transfer activities and prosthetic training.
* Utilizes physical agents, including, but not be limited to heat, cold, water, light, electricity, ultrasound and massage.
* Observes and reports to the physical therapist and the Organization personnel the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition.
* Instructs patients in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic or orthotic devices.
* Maintains necessary records; clinical notes and conference notes, which will be incorporated into the patient’s clinical record in prescribed time frames.
* Participates in interdisciplinary group and Organization In-service Education Program.
* Participates in the quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.