The Cambridge Health Alliance Nursing Team provides care with an emphasis on culturally sensitive and evidence based nursing practice. The ICU at the Cambridge Hospital is seeking an experienced ICU Registered Nurse. In this particular unit the Registered Nurse will be responsible for, but not limited to, managing critically ill patients on mechanical ventilation, telemetry monitoring, invasive monitoring, and multiple continuous IV medications. Must be able to respond calmly and accurately in high stress situations.
The role of an RN is to comply with CHA Service Standards for welcoming patients. The qualified applicant will provide quality care to our patients on inpatient units. In this fast paced environment, you will assess, plan, implement, and document patient care as well as communicate with patients, families and other health team members effectively. Applicants should possess excellent communication, assessment, documentation and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize as well as a commitment to work with a culturally diverse population.
Qualifications/Education/Licensure and Certification
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN strongly preferred; BSN required within 1 year of hire date for newly hired RNs
- Current Massachusetts RN Licensure.
- Current American Heart Association BLS & ACLS certification is required.
- CCRN preferred
- Minimum of 2 years ICU critical care experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in telemetry monitoring and ability to independently interpret telemetry strips.
- Experience in cardiac resuscitation, multi-system organ failure and sepsis along with other critical illnesses.