Clinical Social Worker BH - Provides triage, assessment, determination of appropriateness for admission or referral, treatment, education, utilization, provision of resource information and disposition planning to patients and families, in particular those patients with mental health, psychiatric and substance abuse diagnoses.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
· Develops individualized treatment plans, provides care/case management and directs appropriate disposition. Supports all activities with appropriate documentation.
· Provides group and individual counseling services using accepted psychotherapeutic models and interventions, including integrative healthcare options. Assesses, collaborates and coordinates patient's care and discharge planning needs and readiness for discharge with colleagues in Care Management and Medical Social Work and other members of the care team.
· Coordinates psychosocial care as needed with third parties and community agencies. Initiates psychiatric holds and Emergency Commitments as appropriate. Responds to referrals, incidents, or problems, provides coverage as assigned, assists staff with cases as needed.
· Experience in performing Mental Health Evaluations, writing M-1 Holds, and finding psychiatric placement.
· Experience in overall safe discharge planning including assisting patients to find alternative living arrangements.
· Experience in managing the needs of substance use disorder patients.
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.