Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity with a supportive employer? At Blue Stone Therapy, you have all tools and resources readily available to ensure your success!
Blue Stone Therapy Solutions is seeking an exceptional Physical Therapist (FT or Part-time) to join our team and provide evaluations and treatment interventions for our clients in our skilled nursing facility in NW Iowa.
Blue Stone Therapy Solutions is the leading specialist in skilled facility therapy services. We are an innovative, high performing, values driven organization poised for rapid growth. Our team is passionate about transforming healthcare facilities through therapy by focusing on patient-centered care. Do you want to really make an impact on patient's lives? Be part of our growing future! Apply today!:
The Physical Therapist participates directly in the evaluation, care plan development and delivery of physical therapy treatment interventions and services, in accordance with state practice guidelines. This position provides direct patient care to primarily adult and geriatric patients.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
* Provides screenings and evaluations to determine requirements for skilled physical therapy intervention relative to patient’s prior level of function. This includes, but is not limited to the following areas: gait and balance, mobility, range of motion, strength, pain, conducting home assessments, discharge planning, development of maintenance programs and other related patient care issues.
* Develops and implements treatment plans that focus on functional and measurable outcomes and adheres to professional standards of practice.
* Assures that physical therapy intervention is based on physicians’ orders and in accordance with standard practice guidelines.
* Provides appropriate supervision for occupational therapist assistants in compliance with licensure, regulatory and company requirements.
* Maintains appropriate patient schedules as per established guidelines.
* Provides documentation to maintain accuracy and quality of medical records, in order to comply with reimbursement guidelines, and company and facility requirements.
* Participates in patient, family and assigned facility meetings as appropriate.
* Follows administrative, company and assigned facility processes and policies and procedures.
* Coordinates and/or participates in training programs for facility staff, patients, families and rehabilitation staff.
* Initiates new program development with focus on functional outcomes to improve the quality of life of the patients served.
* Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
* Establishes and implements restorative nursing programs, as necessary, in conjunction with restorative nursing department efforts to provide appropriate comprehensive care to patients.
* Refers residents to appropriate discipline (OT, ST, nursing, etc.) as necessary, to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to the patients.
* Participates in marketing and community presentations and projects to promote the success of the company and assigned facility.
* Successful completion of an accredited Physical Therapy Program
* Valid license or eligible for licensure to practice Physical Therapy in Iowa
* High level communication skills, both verbal and written
* Effective leadership and customer relationship skills
* Ability to exercise mature judgment with initiative in analyzing and solving problems