Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Aspirus, Inc. is seeking a full-time Payroll Specialist who will be responsible for administering all aspects of payroll processes for the Aspirus System with a high level of integrity, accuracy and confidentiality.
Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supports the broad, overall accuracy of each Aspirus entity's payroll through a system of checks and balances.
- Assures proper and timely payment of all payrolls and tax deposits, tax shelters, garnishments and tax levies, and other submissions related to payroll processing.
- Maintains detailed records to support correct and timely submission of quarterly 941 requests.
- Maintains detailed records in support of UC reporting and other related state reporting.
- Assists and supports Aspirus System calendar year-end processing including W-2 reporting, state and federal reporting.
- Assists with maintaining all payroll systems in areas of Fiscal Services responsibility to include updates and fixes, master/parameter files and tax tables.
- Assures proper and timely ACH submissions for all payroll-related payments for the Aspirus System.
- Monitors payroll system for caps on tax shelters.
- Assists in annual financial audits and 990 preparations.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and practices normally acquired through completion of an Associate Degree or equivalent.
- Previous applicable experience in payroll our accounting within a business office setting.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of payroll processes and systems.
- Strong data entry and general computer skills.
- High level of accuracy and ability to work within tight deadlines.