RN – Family Birth Center Position Overview
The Family Birth Center and Maternal Child Unit at Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center is the regional referral center for Northern California and Southern Oregon, with an average of 1,600 deliveries per year. We have 14 LDR rooms, 14 post partum/GYN rooms, and 1 dedicated OR (staff scrub and circulate own C-sections). We follow AWHONN staffing guidelines for labor and mom/baby couplets. Our LDR rooms offer pipe-less water jet tubs and other amenities and we offer all private post partum rooms with shower and a spacious family resource room in the unit.
As a Family Birth Center RN at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Work with a supportive team of bedside staff and management
· Care for both low and high risk patients
· Take an active role in the decision making process through participation on shared governance councils
· Associates Degree in Nursing or above
· One year current RN experience in labor and delivery experience required
· RN experience including circulation & recovery of C-sections and High risk L/D/ante-partum care preferred
· Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing. Will consider candidates with RN licensure from out of state – but Oregon license is required by start date
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association(AHA) required upon start
· Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) must be obtained within 4 months of hire date
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.