The overall purpose of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) position is to perform practical nursing work under the general supervision of a registered nurse. The LPN participates in the assurance of the provision of resident care services consistent with accepted standards of care and assigns duties to C.N.As as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Values and upholds the Helia Healthcare Principles and Commitments including compassion, responsiveness, teamwork, courtesy, personalized care and believing that being nice matters.
* Dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service.
* Consistent and regular attendance.
* Provides resident care in accordance with accepted standards of practice and within the scope of the LPN license.
* Observes and reports on resident’s conditions/changes and then documents in accordance with facility policies and as required by regulations.
* Administers medication/treatment as prescribed within the LPN scope of practice.
* Receives, transcribes and executes physician orders.
* Implements and evaluates resident’s plan of care.
* Identifies and secures equipment and supplies. Notifies supervisor when supplies are needed.
* Informs subordinate staff about the condition of residents and expectations/needs for the shift assigned at the beginning of each shift and receives report from subordinates throughout and at the end of each shift regarding resident conditions.
* Directs C.N.A.’s to assure care provided according to standards of practice and according to facility policies and regulations.
* Rounds with C.N.A.’s prior to end of shift to assure unit is in proper order.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
The Licensed Practical Nurse must have the following:
* A current, valid Illinois Licensed Practical Nurse license is required.
* Education/and or experience in long-term care, acute care, or geriatric nursing preferred.
* Supervisory experience preferred.
* Ability to read, write, and speak the English Language and to verbally converse with different levels of staff, parent families, and any outside customers.
* No disqualifying criminal offenses as defined by regulatory guidelines.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write nursing/patient progress notes, and nursing procedures.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from department heads, customers (patients, family members, physicians, etc.) and the general public.
Benefits for Licensed Practical Nurse
As part of our dedicated team, you will be offered competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes full health insurance (including medical, dental, vision and pharmacy benefits), 401k, ETO, and much more.