The Social Worker provides a range of services to meet the psychosocial needs of geriatric patients and their families. Provides discharge planning, counseling, and referrals to help patients maintain optimal level of health at discharge. Provides information, assistance and consultation. Primarily provides services to geriatric patients.
· Master's degree in Social Work or closely related field
· Illinois Social Work license or eligible to apply for an Illinois Social Work license upon employment
· Five years of clinical experience
· Proficient use and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access or similar database program.
· Well-developed communications and human relations skills
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of social work theory, crisis intervention, individual, family and group treatment modalities.
· Basic sensitivity to the needs and feelings of people, a mature and self-directing perspective and the ability to work collaboratively with others
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time efficiently
· Able to work independently with little supervision