Under the direction of the supervising anesthesiologists, the Nurse Practitioner provides professional medical support to patients in the Pre-Admission Testing Department. Conducts a history and physical, orders Labs, EKGs and X-Rays. Collaborates care with multidisciplinary team members. Effectively identifies and evaluates the findings, while complying with anesthesia evaluation guidelines
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two years experience as a Nurse Practitioner during which time he/she has demonstrated assessment skills.
- Must successfully complete Delineation of Privileges process within HMH.
- Graduation from an approved Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current APN licensure by the Massachusetts B.O.R.N.
- American Heart Association or equivalent B.L.S. certification for health care provider required upon hire or during orientation and every two years thereafter.
- American Heart Association or equivalent A.C.L.S. certification for health care provider required within six months of orientation and every two years thereafter.