The Dietary Aide assists with preparing and serving meals as well as maintaining the dietary area in a clean, safe condition in accordance to the facility, OBRA, Federal, State and other regulatory expectations. Position reports to Dietary Manager.
Essential Job Functions::
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
* Provide assistance in the preparation, delivery and clean-up of daily meals.
* Preparing and portioning food items following recipes and menus as needed.
* Being involved in tray set up and delivery of meals.
* Assisting with putting away stock on delivery days.
* Washing and storing all pots, pans, dishes and utensils.
* Bussing tables and cleaning dining room if needed.
* Sweeping and mopping floors as well as assigned special cleaning.
* Attending and participating in in-service education classes, department meetings and all staff in-service as directed.
* Maintaining the confidentiality of all residents and their care to ensure resident rights and privacy are protected at all times.
* Reporting and documenting resident and/or Visitor incidents, accidents, complaints or allegations according to facility policy and procedure.
* Complying with safety requirements, infection control measures and maintaining a clean work environment in accordance with facility policy.
* High school diploma or GED
* Experience with quantity food preparation.
* Able to understand and follow directions.
* Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
* Comply with the Resident’ Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
* Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
* Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.