New Starting Pay $20- $23.50 hr. based on Experience. Sign on bonus $750 for full-time positions. :
The LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) delivers quality care to residents ensuring all applicable laws, regulations, and Company standards are met. Reports to Director of Nursing (DON) or other Nursing Supervisor.
* Must possess the ability to work independently.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as theapplicable state laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functionsin the long-term care facility.
* Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously withand supervise other LPNs, CNAs and non-professional personnel.
* Must have the ability to implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies,and procedures of the facility.
* Must understand and follow company policies, including harassment andcomplaint procedures.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must be able to work as part of a health care team to assess resident needs,plan and modify care and implement interventions.
* Must be able to evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with otherhealth care team members as necessary.
* Must be able to administer prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids,and note times and amounts on patients’ charts.
* Must be able to observe residents, charting and reporting changes in residents’conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and takingany necessary action.
* Must be able to provide basic resident care and
* Must be able to provide basic resident care and treatments, such as takingtemperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, givingenemas or douches, rubbing with alcohol, massaging, or performingcatheterizations.
* Must be able to sterilize equipment and supplies, using germicides, sterilizer,or autoclave.
* Must be able to answer residents’ calls and determine how to assist them.
* Must be able to measure and record residents’ vital signs, such as height,weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
* Must be able to collect samples such as blood, urine and sputum from residents, and perform routine laboratory tests on samples.
* Must be able to prepare residents for examinations, tests or treatments
* Must be able to prepare residents for examinations, tests or treatments and explain procedures.
* Must be able to assemble and use equipment such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen suppliers.
* Must be able to record food and fluid intake and output.
* Must be able to assist residents with bathing, dressing, maintaining personal hygiene, moving in bed, or standing and walking.
* Must be able to apply compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles.
* Must be able to clean rooms and make beds.
* Must be able to prepare food trays and examine them for conformance to prescribed diet.
* Must be able to wash and dress bodies of deceased persons.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES::
* Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Certificates and Licenses::
* Must have attended an accredited LPN program.
* Must be currently licensed LPN with applicable state.
* Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.