To perform the day to day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, and as may be directed by the Maintenance Director and/or the Executive Director, to ensure that the community is maintained in clean, safe and sanitary manner and to ensure that an adequate supply of linen is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
* Ensure that the community is clean, orderly and in an attractive condition.
* Follow the housekeeping schedule established by the Housekeeping Director.
* Clean all common areas in the community.
* Clean resident rooms and bathrooms, including but not limited to, dusting, vacuuming, and making beds according to schedule.
* Familiar with Material Safety Data Sheets for all housekeeping chemicals and cleaning supplies.
* Attend training on an annual basis.
* And comply with Residents’ Right rules.
* Ensure that equipment, work and supply carts are properly cleaned and stored.
* Ensure that an adequate level of laundry and linen supplies is maintained at all times and advise the Maintenance Director of supply needs.
* Any other tasks, assignments, projects or requests as deemed by management.
* Attend and participate in orientation, training, in-service educational activities and staff meetings and participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned.
* Ensure that work and cleaning schedules are followed.
* Report all incidents and accidents to the Maintenance Director
* Coordinate daily laundry services with other departments when performing routing laundry assignments.
* Must be 18 years of age, or older.
* Must read, write, speak and understand English.
* Patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude toward the elderly.
* Must have upper body strength adequate to bend, lift, shift, move, and/or assist in moving articles of more than twenty-five pounds.
* Must be able to squat, reach, and stretch without distress. Must be able to tolerate extended periods walking and standing.