The Medical Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
* Bachelor’s degree in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, with one (1) year of home health care experience preferred.
* Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
* Licensed as a licensed clinical social worker by the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
* Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
* Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assesses the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
* Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
* Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
* Provides information to patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
* Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
* Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
* Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
* Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and organization personnel.
* Participates in the development of the total plan of care and case conferences as required.
* Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
* Participates in discharge planning.
* Participates in in-service education programs.
* Other duties as delegated by the Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care Services or Clinical Supervisor/Nursing Supervisor.