The Social Worker is responsible for case management of unaccompanied children who are receiving consultation, representation and other legal services by Esperanza Center's Immigration Legal Services staff, and to the extent possible, with the UAC's family and potential sponsors and/or caregivers. The Social Worker will provide clinical insight to other staff providing case management services to clients of Esperanza Center.JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Abides by all applicable local, State, and Federal standards, instructions and procedures, regulations, laws, and settlement agreement related to the contract and other related grants.
2. Assures that each child has a complete, comprehensive and realistic Individual Service Plan in accordance with the UAC's needs as determined by the Individualized Mental Health Needs Assessment, and assessment of any trafficking concerns.
3. Provides direct therapeutic mental health services including, but not limited to, individual, family and group therapy sessions within the contours of the mental health profession.
4. Involves staff in decision-making wherever possible, including the development and execution of client goals and client progress.
5. May directly supervise and evaluate other staff providing case management services (i.e. social work interns); eeffectively provides clinical oversight to other case management and EC program staff.
6. Elevates issues or concerns to the Managing Attorney, Family Reunification Manager, and/or Director of Esperanza Center.
7. Deals tactfully and effectively with people both inter- and intra-departmentally. Uses effective communication skills.
8. Provides positive leadership and social work direction and guidance to staff consistent with department and organization goals.
9. Consistently communicates and coordinates with team members and other programs to ensure adequate and consistent services.
10. Understands and effectively complies with employment laws and regulations. Recognizes harassment in the workplace and knows how to respond effectively to employee complaints.
11. Attends all mandatory training including the following topics: motivational interviewing, trauma informed care, behavior management, cultural sensitivity, Catholic Charities policy on sexual abuse and sexual harassment, and mental health and child welfare best practices. Additional training will include policies and procedures, information regarding immigration issues and other matters, including issues specific to unaccompanied children and their families, as well as opportunities to attend trainings on best practices for identifying and serving victims of human trafficking.
12. Promotes the mission, vision, and values of Esperanza Center and Associated Catholic Charities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Master's degree in social work (MSW) or Counseling and preferred 2-5 years post grad experience in a related field. LMSW/LCSW-C or LGPC in Maryland. Must be fluent in both Spanish and English, and be culturally competent to deal with clients from diverse backgrounds.
1. Respects children's, families' and clients' rights by recognizing the dignity of each individual and maintaining the confidentiality of all client information.
2. Maintains the environment of care by complying with therapeutic standards, risk management policies, and procedures for maintaining client safety.
3. Contributes to Performance Improvement at the individual, department, and agency levels.
4. Accurately applies knowledge of treatment approaches appropriate to the physical and developmental age of clients served.
5. Attends all required training and in-service courses to meet agency, division, program and contract standards.
6. Promotes the mission, vision, and values of Associated Catholic Charities and the Esperanza Center.
7. Is mindful and respectful of clients' potential trauma history in their interactions and approach to clients and their families.
1. Able to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
2. Able to respond quickly and supportively with therapeutic judgment to crisis situations, including with cultural sensitivity towards all UACs and their sponsors/caregivers.
3. Must be customer service and detail oriented. Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions; listen attentively; communicate in oral and written form (bilingual); interact professionally with a culturally diverse population. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to use initiative and good judgment in performance of duties.
4. Must remain flexible to the needs of the clients, staff and volunteers. Ability to work flexible schedule as needed, to include some evening and weekend hours if needed. Ability to work in multiple locations, including making home visits, as needed.
5. Must be capable of climbing stairs and lifting up to 25 pounds.
6. Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 3 points.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES COMMITMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position must be consistently performed using the following behaviors:
1. Honor and respect the Dignity of every person.
2. Encounter each person with Compassion.
3. Act with Humility.
4. Reach out to others in a spirit of Collaboration.
5. Serve with Excellence.
6. Act with Integrity in everything you do.
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.