The Business Office Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for financial and certain Human Resource duties of the Community, as assigned. He/she may manage other administrative associates and administrative functions.
Education and Experience::
* High School graduate or equivalent certificate; Associates degree preferred.
* Successful completion of bookkeeping/
* accounting courses is helpful.
* 3 to 5 years’ progressive experience in office management required.
Skills and Requirements::
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook), as well as familiarity with the Internet and its search tools.
* Ability to produce proposals and presentation packets Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to maintain databases (HR, vendors, etc.).
* Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of payroll and benefits systems.
* Knowledge of basic GL and Accounts Payable systems.
* Knowledge of office equipment and ability to troubleshoot Effective time management and organizational skills.
* Self-¬motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Results oriented.
* Customer service orientation.
* A proven team player.
Essential Accounting Functions::
* Codes all invoices for payment.
* Verifies the appropriate approvals on all invoices.
* Provides vendor information to the Accounting department.
* Batches weekly invoices for payment.
* Audits expense reports and petty cash reconciliations.
* Provides month-end close accruals to Accounting department.
* Responds to all vendor inquiries.
* Adheres to the weekly accounting cycle.
* Enters post ancillary charges/fees into billing system.
* Assists General Manager in reviewing Resident bills.
* Assists General Manager with Resident file maintenance.
* Distributes Resident bills in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the components of an accrual basis financial statement.
* Analyzes variances in departmental payroll vs. budget.
* Understands capital expenditure vs financial statement expense.
* Analyzes revenue by product type.
* Assists General Manager with annual budget process.
* Assists General Manager with analyzing monthly financials.
* Successful completion of company orientation.
* Successful completion of CRM application training and demonstrated ability to use application effectively.
* May have their picture taken and image used in social media or community advertising.
* May be video recorded from devices installed by families in residents’ apartments.