As directed by the Director of Nursing, the Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) plans, organizes, develops, and assists with the direction of the overall operation of the Nursing Services department to ensure the highest degree of care in accordance with all laws, regulations, and Company standards. Assists in maintaining a physical, social, and psychological environment which will be conducive to the best interest and welfare of the resident in conjunction with our Core Values.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Develops, implements and coordinates quality management, utilization review and discharge planning programs.
* As directed by the Director of Nursing, administers special programs and training of staff such as infection control, staff development, nursing quality improvement and utilization review.
* Monitors accrediting/surveying/regulatory body criteria to maintain compliance.
* Assumes duties and accountability for DON in his/her absence.
* Establishes and maintains scheduling for nursing staff to ensure adequate coverage to meet resident and facility needs.
* Participates in onboarding of new employees to ensure successful integration and training occurs.
* Leads by example, fosters open communication and resolves conflict in a constructive manner. Manages and coaches nursing staff; facilitates a culture that supports the mission/vision of the organization and facility.
* Perform duties of staff nurse whenever and wherever required including but not limited to completing health assessments, developing and evaluation of care plans, and reviewing, implementing and evaluating residents’ medication, treatment and other charting requirements.
* Sets high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs, builds and maintains relationships with residents, communicates with residents in a genuine manner using appropriate verbiage, and establishes good rapport with the residents.
* Communicates effectively with family members regarding the condition and progress of the resident, including in-person and telephone discussions.
* Attends conferences and plans in-services as required. Actively participates in the in-service program in an effort to advance knowledge and skills.
* Actively participates in QAPI (Quality Assurance Process Improvement) program, taking a proactive approach to quality care and services on a continuous basis with engagement of residents, family members and staff.
* Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
* Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
* Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* One year full-time supervisory/management nursing experience (required).
* Understands and appreciates different opposing perspectives, demonstrates adaptability in approach to changing situations in the organization or job requirements.
* Displays high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards the goals of the organization.
* Works independently, demonstrates responsible behavior and strong attention to detail.
* State of Iowa RN licensure by Iowa Board of Nursing (required)
* BSN (preferred)
* CPR Certification (required)