Responsible to build and grow census and quality mix by developing referral relationships with existing customers and developing new business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintains a thorough knowledge of the centers services lines, acuity capabilities and hospital and physician relations
* Invests a minimum of 50% of work time on face to face referral development completing sales calls to physicians, hospital and medical professionals, community, managed care, case managers and other related contacts. Typically completing an average of 20-30 sales calls weekly generating center tours, presentations, referrals and increasing business
* Meets weekly with Administrator or Admissions Director to discuss marketing issues.
* Assist center administration to identify niche opportunities, market diversification and market share strategies
* Maintains an educated understanding of payer sources and their impact on revenue
* Makes impact sales calls to hospital social workers, physicians, hospital discharge planners and administrators, clergy, attorneys, civic/professional organizations, home health agencies, families, etc. to understand the need for program services and to communicate services offered which meet these needs to obtain referrals of patients with the goal of developing new business
* Makes impact sales calls within the community, in civic organizations and professional organizations and networks with the goal to develop new referral sources
* Develops relationships with a growing base of referral sources, leading to consistent flow of quality referrals to the center
* Maintains an efficient referral tracking system, using it to identify inquiry trends, customer needs and an effective sales plan
* Actively seeks out and identifies new referral sources
* Utilizes a prioritized system to strategize, plan and execute an effective sales program resulting in successful leads
* Maintains a current target list of potential new referral sources
* Effectively networks with current and past customers to solicit referrals
* Develops and can present trending sales reports indicating effectiveness of the sales plan, needs for change and forecasting
* Utilizes a clear and effective forecasting tool
* Maintains an active involvement in the community originations and associations
* Effectively uses Sales development systems and tools to manage refrence source
* Maintains up-to-date customer profiles on existing referral sources
* Conducts lead generating seminars which t1Uget potential quality inquiries
* Schedules and leads effective presentations
* Effectively uses resources to build relationships resulting in gaining prospective customers and gaining commitment to admission
* Effectively uses telephone as a selling tool
* Effectively uses collateral material
* Effectively uses in-home/hospital assessments as a selling tool, if necessary
* Effectively presents benefits based on understanding customers situation and needs·
* Uses appropriate empathy in interaction with customers
* Effectively uses Outcomes data as a selling tool
* Effectively sells products and services to meet our customers needs
* Coordinates marketing eff01ts with service line managers to guarantee a successful team approach to developing census
* Cooperates effectively with admissions staff in achieving center objectives
* Works with the center team to plan and manage available resources to meet center objectives
* Effectively coordinates center marketing committee
* Completes an annual Marketing Action Plan and updates it quarterly
* Executes the plan within the marketing budget
* Maintains a working knowledge of local market trend and competition
* Completes competitor analysis at least semi-annually
* Demonstrates awareness and communicates key competitor changes (e.g., new products, beds, prices)
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Role models superior customer service
* Establishes realistic expectations for service levels with referral sources and market contacts
* Works with the Executive Director and others in developing center brochures, advertisements, and media campaigns
* Plans, coordinates and reviews special center events such as VIP open houses, where the community is invited to attend in conjunction with center team
* Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Di rector
* Bachelors Degree preferred. Considerable experience in a comparable position will be considered in lieu of degree.
* 3,5 years of sales experience, preferred in health care services
* Must be able to do 90% local travel engaging in outside sales calls, including: periodic overnight travel, as needed or as directed by Supervisor.
* Ability to work with all levels of management/staff.
* Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
* Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
* Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organization levels.
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Ability to use computers, relevant software and electronic devices.
* Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English, Spanish, sign language when appropriate, and understand Alzheimer behavior and play charades if necessary.