The Peninsula is a Meridian Senior Living community.
The Clinical Liaison/Marketing Director position works closely with hospital discharge planners, physicians, social workers, case managers, and management to generate referrals and ensure a smooth discharge process for patients transferring to our community.
Position Duties and Responsibilities::
* Work with referral sources (hospitals, physicians, social workers and case managers) to identify prospective residents.
* Obtain necessary information and documentation, review patient charts and plans of care, including medication lists, to ensure clinical appropriateness for community and to determine if the patient meets Medicare guidelines.
* Make decisions regarding pre-admission assessments, and interprets potential patient’s medical condition, and past medical history while obtaining appropriate documentation.
* Complete on-site hospital, community, and home visits to gather information regarding potential admissions.
* Communicate with hospital staff to establish a coordinated plan of care for patients admitted or awaiting admission.
* Coordinate the completion of the admission process and ensure that appropriate resources are obtained for a successful transfer, and provide appropriate information to facilitate continuity of care.
* Collaborate with attending physician to effectively manage the hospitalized patient and ensure that transfers are expedited as soon as possible.
* Consult and collaborate with physicians, hospital staff, and other professionals to provide clinical expertise, as appropriate.
* Act as liaison between hospital, physicians, nursing homes, other medical providers, and our community to resolve problems, provide information, and maintain positive relationships.
* Identify potential payer sources, establish primary payers, document demographic/clinical/payer information, and determine coverage availability for third party non-government payers.
* Maintain current contact information on existing and new referral sources, and prospective residents and regularly review and follow-up same.
* Participate in and assist with marketing activities and events as required.
* Share in the responsibilities of taking inquiries, touring families and prospective residents and ensuring follow up
* Assist in the development and execution of a monthly marketing plan for all sales and marketing activity
* Assist in all marketing and liaison efforts to ensure occupancy growth and premium payer mix
* Provide on-going communication with target referral sources including appropriate personnel at referring facilities, as well as, referring physicians.
* Market and promote community in order to maintain acceptable census and community profitability.
* Develop and maintain referral sources, and educate others about the company, increasing visibility and reputation in the medical community, and identify market needs and trends.
* Make regular rounds (on-site and telephonic) of referral sources and maintain continuous communication with them, and actively market our community.
* Collect data regarding inquiries/referrals, pre-admission evaluations/outcomes, and enrollment for regular monthly reports for the Administration.
* Participate in regular admissions meetings.
* Attend management meetings and required in-services.
* Contribute to the admission process and protocol development, problems-solving and productivity enhancement in collaboration with medical and nursing leadership.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements: :
Education and of Experience:
* Healthcare professionals with at least five years of relevant experience preferred
* Prior sales/marketing experience in senior care and/or post-acute care is preferred
* Managed care knowledge/experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Medical case management, long term care and geriatric nursing
* Strong medical assessment skills.
* Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
Meridian Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LPN, Nurse, Sales, Long Term Care, Management, Medical, Marketing