The overall purpose of the activity coordinator position is to provide opportunities for residents to engage in meaningful social and divisional activities based upon needs, interests, capabilities, and previous lifestyles. Incumbents coordinate, develop, and maintain quality programs, which provide mental and physical stimulation to the residents utilizing staff expertise and family and/or community resources.
* Have a high school diploma or GED.
* Licensed or registered, by the state in which practicing.
* Eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist or as an activity professional by a recognized accrediting body on October 1, 1990. Must be qualified or certified as an activity professional, have taken and completed a training course approved by the state. (See the federal tag FTAG 249 for full explanation)
* Must be able to relate professionally and positively to corporate and departmental staff and work cooperatively with other associates at all levels.
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
* Must be capable of performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. (English)
* Flexible work schedule (i.e. some nights, weekends, and holidays)
Daybreak Venture is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to our policy of providing equal employment opportunity to employees and job applicants in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations, including federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or genetic information.