This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
Works under the supervision of the Manager/Coordinator and the medical direction of the physicians. Provides age specific patient care for patients in developmental stages neonate (0-28 days) through geriatrics (72+ years) using established guidelines of clinical privileges approved by the Chairman of the Department of Anesthesia. Administers all forms of general, regional and monitored anesthesia care to maximize patient outcome. Provides the care and other duties as designated by the AANA scope of practice.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Assess and evaluate all patients according to their specific age development stage and diagnosis.
2. Plans, implements and documents appropriate age-specific care.
3. Provides comprehensive monitoring modalities, to include insertion of invasive lines for all patients receiving anesthesia as indicated.
4. Establishes and manages airways for all anesthetics and emergent situations, using all current techniques. Establishes and monitors region techniques according to own expertise.
5. Checks and maintains anesthetic equipment and supplies
6. Maintains clinical and professional competency according to department policies and procedures
7. Performs duties and conducts interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive image on the department and the medical center.
8. Gives input into performance appraisals on staff as directed by the management team.
9. Coaches and recognize staff for job performance.
10. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
11. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs.
12. Facilitates and provides physiological, developmental, and spiritual care for the patient.
13. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Graduate of an accredited Nurse Anesthesia program.
2. Licensure/Certifications: License to practice professional nursing in North Carolina or a compact state. CRNA certification. 40 CEU's required every 2 years for recertification. Appointment to the Allied Health Medical Staff. American Heart Association BLS and Advanced ACLS required.
3. Experience: At least 2 years experience in patient care, preferable in ICU.