The Employee Relations Specialist facilitates employee relations issues and provides support for the Employee Relations Manager. Responsible for oversight of all unemployment claims, representing Bayhealth at the Department of Labor's unemployment cases. Assists with educating Bayhealth employees on proper application of policies and procedures, problem resolution, and corrective actions.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Baccalaureate Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Relations, Legal, or related degree
Master of Science in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Industrial Relations, or Legal
5 years of progressive human resource experience or 5 years' experience in law, civil rights or related field.
Employee relations experience in healthcare.
Proficient skill in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel & PowerPoint, or similar software.
Advanced skill in Microsoft Office suites: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
PHR or SPHR
Special Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
• Knowledge of federal and state employment laws/regulations
• Skill in developing strong interpersonal and communication skills with staff and management
• Ability to distill issues, analyze situations, apply sound judgment, and make reasonable and necessary decisions.
• Ability to communicate, in writing, to a variety of audiences
• Skill in applying employment policies and statutes to operational circumstances
• Skill in preparing and presenting training programs and materials related to human resources
• Ability to successfully mediate issues between staff and staff and management.
• Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English