Provides skilled nursing care to patients in their home under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Provides service in accordance with the Agency philosophy, standards and policies.
Duties And Responsibilities::
* Provides skilled nursing in the home as ordered on the plan of treatment and nursing care plan.
* Evaluates the significance of assessment findings and communicates any pertinent information about the patient’s clinical status and ongoing needs to others in a timely fashion.
* Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
* Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and patient’s clinical position.
* Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
* Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
* Functions as a team member demonstrating collaboration with, and responsibility to patient, physician, interdisciplinary team.
* Adheres to all Agency, payroll, billing and documentation policies and procedures.
* Participates in Agency’s other mandated activities, as requested by Clinical Supervisor or Director of Patient Care Services including inservices and UR/PI committee.
* Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs to the standard of care for patient’s age.
* Addresses and supports cultural practices, as long as such practices do not harm others or interfere with the planned course of medical therapy.
* Promotes patient/family/caregiver education using various verbal and written communication techniques that take into account the patient’s/family’s cultural, ethnic and/or personal needs or preferences.
* Completes and submits necessary documentation in accordance with Agency policy and applicable regulations.
* Submits verification of completed visits in accordance with Agency policy.
* Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences in accordance with Agency policy.
* Maintains current knowledge of community resources. Identifies and assesses appropriate external and internal resources to meet patient and/or family needs and to facilitate optimal patient outcomes while home care services are being procedures, and for transfer and discharge processes.
Professional Requirements: :
* Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
* Adheres to legal practice standards, including applicable federal, state and local regulations and standards.
* Completes annual education requirements.
* Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
* Demonstrates effective time management and organizational skills; provides patient visits as scheduled, completes patient care within designated time.
* Wears identification while providing patient care.
* Attends annual review and inservices, as scheduled.
* Attends scheduled staff meetings, reads and returns staff meeting minutes.
* Articulates Agency grievance/concerns procedure.
* Articulates Agency adverse event/incident reporting procedure.
* Articulates organizationâ€™s emergency management plan.
* Maintains currency of professional knowledge by participating in continuing education offerings.
* Assures continued competency by maintaining and updating professional performance, knowledge and skills.
* Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
* Practices in a manner consistent with the professional and Agency code of ethics.
* Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
* Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
* Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the organization.
* Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
* Current state licensure as a LPN/LVN.
* Experience as an LPN/LVN commensurate with one of the following:
* One (1) year experience in an acute care setting within the last 24 months;
* Six (6) months home care experience within the last 12 months.
* Prior home healthcare experience is preferred.
* Current health certificate/physical examination and TB testing.
* Flexible, yet organized, with ability to exercise sound judgment.