Colusa Medical Center, provides both inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency services, to the surrounding community bringing exceptional healthcare and service to our community.
Under the direction of the Department Manager, Radiologist, and ordering physician and with latitude for independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative, performs all professional duties involved in applying prescribed ultrasound studies for diagnosis at a technical level. Assists physicians in selection of practical and technical factors. Assumes responsibility for designated areas and procedures, including special procedures as required. Responsible for limited direction of staff echocardiogram technologist.
* Minimum one (1) year of echocardiogram.
* Experience of ultrasound procedures: Exercise Stress Echocardiogram, Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram, Complex Adult Congenital Transthoracic Echocardiogram,
* Must have successfully completed ARDMS accredited cardiovascular sonography program. The Echo Tech must possess ARDMS Registry credentials for physics and adult echocardiography.
* License, Certification, Registration
* The Echo Tech must possess ARDMS/ARDCS Registry credentials for physics and adult echocardiography.
* Ability to operate equipment to secure satisfactory recordings.
Additional Requirements: :
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to maneuver echocardiograph equipment which may exceed 500 lbs.
Minimum two (2) two years experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Upholds CMC Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws. Performs echocardiogram procedure
* Utilizes ultrasound modalities of 2-0, M-Mode, color flow, and Doppler Testing for visualization of all possible cardiac structures, prosthesis, and pertinent arterial and venous anatomy and flow of blood.
* Obtains patients history and records information in patients chart.
* Positions patient and manipulates equipment to obtain desired quality and quantity of images for cardiologists diagnostic interpretation.
* Confirms or excludes all possible primary and/or secondary findings based on provided clinical information.
* Records/documents, edits, and calculates all tests to provide sufficient data in all pediatric and adult exams.
* Confers with cardiologist concerning special patients to determine if areas other than those considered standard for a particular problem are to be imaged.
* Adjusts and sets-up equipment, checks functionality of equipment, sterilizes probe, orders and maintains supplies.
* Performs minor adjustments on the ultrasonic equipment and arranges service for any major repairs.
* Responds immediately to Stat requests from physicians for patient ultrasonic examinations and relays findings to referring physician by phone or by transmittal of examination reports.
* Maintains files and logs of all procedures to include recording on daily logs, processing reports, filing charts and tapes, pulling tapes and setting-up for physician review, indexing interesting cases for retrieval.
* Orders and maintains supplies. Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Performs Exercise Stress Echocardiogram (with or without contrast).
* Performs Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram (with or without contrast).
* Performs Complex Adult Congenital Transthoracic Echocardiogram (TTE).
* Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
* Provides an environment that demonstrates competence, caring, and commitment to external and internal customer satisfaction.
* Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times.
* Immediately greets/acknowledges guests’ presence in a courteous and caring manner.
* Demonstrates appropriate customer relations communications skills, actively listening, maintaining eye contact, using guest names, anticipating customer needs, and proactively offering assistance.
* Demonstrates good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all hospital staff.
* Answers the telephone professionally, identifying self and department. Handles telephone information requests with courtesy, accuracy, and respect for confidentiality.
* Maintains the confidentiality of patient and facility records and information.
* Does not abuse or take advantage of sick time or personal days off. Provides proper notification for absence or tardiness.
* Makes best use of time during assigned shift. Coordinates activities to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift. Attends to personal affairs on own time to avoid disrupting the work schedule.
* Performs duties in an independent manner with minimum supervision.
* Adjusts personal schedule to complete workload when requested.
* Mandatory On-Call shifts.
* Reports to work as scheduled; is consistently ready to work at start of the assigned shift. Reports off duty as scheduled; does not abuse overtime policy.
* Completes time sheet accurately and on a daily basis.
* Utilizes company supplies efficiently.
* Observes the Hospital/department dress code and wears ID badge.
* Attends all required education/inservice meetings.
* Maintains and demonstrates knowledge of Hospital and departmental safety regulations, disaster plans, infection control policies, and fire safety regulations, hazardous materials protocol. Always utilizes Standard Precautions for infection control. Evaluates department procedures that promote safety for staff and patients.
* Identifies and reports unsafe conditions noted hospital wide that could contribute to potential falls or injuries by staff, patients, or visitors.
* Demonstrates a working knowledge and understanding of National Patient Safety goals.
* Responds to and uses disaster codes appropriately.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
* Conduct hospital business in an ethical and lawful manner and is willing to report any knowledge of real or potential fraud or abuse according to the CMC Code of Conduct.