Cadia Rehabilitation-Renaissance, located in Millsboro Delaware, Sussex County, MINUTES from area LEWES AND REHOBOTH BEACH DE. :
Full time Employees are eligible for :
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation after 90 days
Generous 401K Benefit! :
PER DIEM POSITIONS $55.00/hr. Night and weekend hours are available!
Position Description Physical Therapist: :
As the Physical Therapist ,the ideal candidate will, under general supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation, administer comprehensive evaluations of assigned patients and develop an appropriate and skilled plan of care for the remediation of impairments and disabilities and the promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Physical Therapist: :
* Administer evaluations of assigned patients.
* Complete all essential documentation and forms related to the evaluation of a patient, including but not limited to, physician orders, evaluation, care plan, etc.
* Administer objective tests/assessments (Tinetti, Get Up and Go, Barthel, etc.) during evaluations, and at various stages (weekly, upon discharge) for regulatory and documentation compliance, and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
* Test and measure patient’s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and record findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
* Use a range of technique, exercises, activities to strengthen muscles, improve balance, coordination, transfers, and gait.
* Provide dynamic, creative, and challenging treatments to patients to facilitate progress/improvement for a discharge disposition that is at, or exceeds, prior level of function.
* Provide physical agent modalities, as allowable by Federal, State, and Professional Regulations, to address areas of pain, edema, range of motion, wounds, etc.
* Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to perform various physical activities such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of assistant and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes and prostheses.
* Educate patients and their families/caregivers on their disorder/disease to lead a healthy lifestyle and to prevent injury and disability.
* Collaborate with PT Assistants on a weekly basis, at a minimum, in the delivery of the plan of care established by the PT
* Demonstrate competence in computer skills for efficient point of service documentation and billing. Report any computer/technical programs to IT by submitting a Help Desk Ticket.
* Maintain the standards of accurate and efficient documentation of patient records as required by law, administrative/facility regulations, and contract rehab provider. Participate in Utilization Review Meetings
* Participate in patient/resident Care Plan meetings.
* Participate in home assessments, if necessary
* Participate in/contribute to Program Development within your rehab program
* Meets average productivity % as determined by Rehab Director. Report any barriers immediately to your Rehab Director.
* May be required to work holidays and/or weekends to comply with Medicare, regulatory, or operational changes
* May be required to assist with treatments at neighboring facilities based on census.
Education and/or Experience ::
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: :
The Physical Therapy candidate:
* Minimum of an earned baccalaureate degree in physical therapy (Master’s degree preferred).
* Has proven experience as a physical therapist with exposure to patients of varying age groups in different health care settings.
* Will participate as a Team member, and be willing to assist co-workers and collaborate with other disciplines.
* Will obtain and maintain continuing education in accordance with state requirements.
* Will provide expected customer service to co-workers, patients, families/caregivers
* Can implement infection control practices and procedures as determined by a CADIA Rehabilitation clinical competency profile and/or competency exam.
* Can read and analyze general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations as well as write reports, procedure manuals and business correspondence.
* Can effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups, which may include managers, clients, customers, the general public and regulatory agencies.
* Should also be able to prepare presentations for meetings and conferences as well as articles for publication.
* Can utilize mathematical concepts as they apply to the role and responsibilities of a physical therapist.
* Can define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Can interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables. Can effectively use Rehab Optima, Microsoft Word software and the Internet.
* Can work with individuals from varying ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Certification and Licensure for Physical Therapy Candidate: :
Must have a current DELAWARE Physical Therapist Licensure or eligible for Reciprocity.