A Registered Physical Therapist (PT) administers physical therapy to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities::
* Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures.
* Provides physician prescribed physical therapy.
* Improves or minimizes residual physical disabilities of the patient.
* Returns the individual to optimum and productive level within the patients capabilities.
* Participates with all other home care personnel in patient care planning.
* Directs and supervises personnel as required.
* Takes initial history and makes initial evaluation.
* Performs all skilled procedures as ordered by physician.
* Consults with physicians regarding change in treatment.
* Writes reports to physicians regarding patients progress.
* Instructs patients and family/significant others in home programs and activities of daily living.
* Participates in inservice programs and presents inservice programs as assigned.
* Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
* Attends all patient care conferences as scheduled.
* Prepares clinical and progress notes.
* Assists physician with evaluating level of function.
* Helps develop the plan of care and revise as necessary.
* Consults with family and Agency personnel.
* Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments, transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
* Appropriately utilizes ICD-10 codes.
* Graduate from a physical therapist curriculum approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, American Physical Therapy Association, or the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association, or the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association and American Physical Therapy Association.
* Currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
* Two (2) years experience, preferred.
* Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
* Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.