A Registered Nurse assists the Director of Clinical Services/ Administrator with the supervision of home health services to patients in their place of residence in accordance with physician orders and strives to provide the highest quality of care. Skilled nursing and other therapeutic services furnished are under the supervision of the Clinical Manager. The Clinical Manager is available at all times during operating hours ( or appoints a similarly qualified alternate) and participates in all activities relevant to professional services furnished, including the development of qualifications and assignment of personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities::
* Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
* Participates in the development of standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective service to patient/family.
* Ability to supervise, guide and develop nursing skills and performances.
* Consults with the Director of Clinical Services/ Administrator in determining a staffing pattern which will accomplish stated objectives and promote a maximum level of utilization of health personnel.
* Assists in recruiting, hiring, evaluating and terminating nursing personnel. Assists in instituting, interpreting and documenting disciplinary action.
* Responsible for the orientation of new patient care personnel.
* Assists in the planning and consultative needs of staff.
* Assists in the preparation and implementation of policies and procedures which meet Medicare, Medicaid, accrediting bodies, state and local laws.
* Displays a willingness to support policies and procedures and uses appropriate channels for changes of such policies.
* Assists in the coordination of interdisciplinary team services, patient care and referrals.
* Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state( s) in which practicing.
* Three to five (3-5) years of experience in nursing, preferred.
* One ( 1) year experience in home health nursing, preferred.
* Acceptance of philosophy and goals of Agency.
* Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
* Ability to work with individuals to enlist cooperation of many people to perform/achieve a common goal.