To provide consistent and continuous assistance and care to residents and to assist licensed nursing staff with treatments and care of residents as ordered or needed.
Essential Job Functions and Requirements::
Employee work 8 hour shifts as scheduled with a 30 minute meal break, and two ten minute breaks, but must be willing to work other variable hours when necessary.
* Assists residents with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, and all ADL’s as needed during shift.
* Changes linen on beds with bath schedule and/or PRN.
* Takes and records signs per policy and/or as directed.
* Assists residents in and out of bed as needed.
* Turns residents while in bed per Facility policy.
* Repositions residents while out of bed per Facility policy.
* Assists with oral hygiene including denture care when getting up in the morning, after meals, at bedtime, and/or when needed.
* Answers call bells promptly following Facility policy.
* Completes patient care records at end of shift, including accurate I and O.
* At the end of month, fill in Patient Observation Records and Activity Attendance Records for the next month.
* Collects urine or stool specimens as directed.
* Gives enemas as directed.
* Keeps patient unit/halls clean and neat.
* Keeps bedside tables, chest of drawers, and closets clean, neat and organized. (Including clothing)
* Cares for and cleans nursing equipment. (BP equipment, thermometers, etc.)
* Follows restraint policy, including release.
* Assists with post-mortem care when needed.
* Assures residents have fresh ice water by refilling pitchers with ice and/or water at least once every shift.
* Cleans water pitchers, cups, bedpans, urinals per schedules.
* Rinses personal clothing, sheets, etc. if soiled before placing in appropriate laundry barrel.
* Assists residents to bathrooms as needed or assists with bedpan or urinal.
* Empties catheter bags at end of shift and records output on appropriate record.
* Assists with rehabilitation programs such as ambulation, bowel and bladder retraining, grooming, etc. always charting on Rehabilitation sheet every shift.
* Assists charge nurse with resident needs and treatments as directed.
* Keeps a clean towel and a clean washcloth for each patient in bathrooms as all times. (Replaces immediately when used.).
* Empties incontinent pad barrel and linen containers every shift and replaces plastic bags in containers.
* Reports at end of shift to oncoming CNA’s.
* Performs other duties as assigned.